Charles H. Kee
Before attending college, Charles enlisted in the United States Navy where he served both at home and abroad. He went to college on the G.I. Bill, working nights in a factory and attending classes during the day. While in law school, Charles interned for the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York, where he worked for the trial team of a complex insider trading case. He went on to intern for the U.S. Army Jag Corps Military Justice Unit that prosecuted a double homicide that received significant press attention.
After graduating from law school, Charles joined the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office, where he served until 2018. During his time there, he handled hundreds of matters, including drug cases, assaults, domestic violence, tax crimes, sex crimes, larcenies, robberies, burglaries, extortion, and homicides. His wealth of criminal law experience at one of the nation’s most prestigious prosecutor's offices gives him an unparalleled understanding of what it takes to defend people who have been accused of crimes and makes him a formidable adversary and advocate.
Since entering private practice, Charles has secured a string of significant verdicts and favorable dispositions in many complex criminal, family law, and title IX cases.
His skills in the courtroom are universally recognized by his colleagues and earned him a position coaching law students in trial advocacy.
- New York State Bar Association
- Eastern District of New York State Bar Association
- Northern District of New York State Bar Association
- Southern District of New York State Bar Association
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Tompkins County Bar Association
- St. John's University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Portland State University, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude
Areas of Practice:
- Drug Crimes
- Criminal Conspiracy
- Driving While Intoxicated
- Weapons Charges
- Domestic Violence
- Title IX
- Other violent & non-violent crimes
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Abuse of Protection
St. John's University School of Law, Juris Doctor
Managing Director of the Polestino Trial Advocacy Institute
Portland State University, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude
- Assistant District Attorney, Manhattan District Attorney's Office
- Adjunct Professor of Trial Advocacy at St. John’s University
- United States Navy
- U.S. Army Jag Corps, Intern